[SunRay-Users] EXT :Re: Sunray and View Crashing

Craig Bender Craig.Bender at Oracle.com
Thu Mar 31 00:10:08 EEST 2011

MMR (Multimedia Redirection) is just one part of the Sun Ray Windows
Components to enhance the user experience.  If you want to redirect the
supported video formats from WMP on XP or 2003, then *yes* you want to
have MMR.  MMR is different than Flash, as supported formats are played
via WMP (or the WMP IE plugin) it is actually sent and decoded at the
Sun Ray.  Far less resources required, but limited to the formats that
are DTU can decode.  Flash is transcoded into mjpeg then sent to the Sun
Ray.

Currently we don't support "MMR" in Win7/2008.  We have a solution we
call RCA which is like the flash solution, but for multiple media types,
not just flash.