[SunRay-Users] SunRay Citrix ICA Client Video and Audio Performance

Craig Bender Craig.Bender at Oracle.com
Tue Mar 22 14:42:00 EET 2011

Hi Aaron,
Yes, feel free to contact me.

As of XD4 and XA6 (? - may have been 5) RDP is officially supported as a
connection method.  In fact it's actually a configurable client
fall-back method in the web interface.

In short, yes.  You can connect to XA or XD from Sun Rays, use the Sun
Ray Windows components, and have a real user experience with Citrix. The
user can also roam with that session to other devices that may allow for
a better ICA experience with an ICA client that is more modern that what
Citrix offers for Solaris.

As CJ notes, if you don't have that requirement of the other devices, or
the back-end terminal server farm management and granular load balancing
(really only make sense for publishing apps(, plain of WTS/RDS is hard
to beat for the cost.