[SunRay-Users] SunRay Citrix ICA Client Video and Audio Performance

Craig Bender Craig.Bender at Oracle.com
Mon Mar 21 16:37:50 EET 2011

H CJ,
SRWC started supporting USB-R with terminal server in SRS 5.1.  All the
versions of windows that SRWC supports, now supports USB-R.

http://wikis.sun.com/display/SRWC2dot3/About+USB+Device+Redirection

Note that USB-R under WTS is shared mode.  Due to the USB subsystem of
windows, all devices can be seen by all users on the server.

Does XA really have USB-R for WTS?  Pretty sure it is still ICA mapping
with a "plug and play" feature on the client that allows devices to be
connected post ICA-connection.  But these devices are still limited to
what ICA mapping supports. AFAIK, only XD has true USB-R.