[SunRay-Users] SunRay Citrix ICA Client Video and Audio Performance

Aaron Browne gopodge at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 14:07:38 EET 2011

We are running our SunRay 2 and SunRay 3 units in kiosk mode which in turn
runs a Citrix ICA Client for our users.

I would like to know if anyone else is running in this type of configuration
and if they can share any experience regarding video and audio performance.

Also, I am unsure if the SunRay multimedia redirection works with Citrix or
if it is exclusive to the RDP client?

On our setup, video performance is limited to smaller resolution videos and
the audio can be choppy.

YouTube is reasonable sometimes and occasionally audio doesn't work at all.

I have found that Windows Media Player destroys audio playback making it
crackly and annoying. Using a web Flash audio player results in quite a good
audio experience.

Also, some tweaks to the ICA NumDataBuffers and NumCommandBuffers options
resulted in smoother video and audio for our users.