[SunRay-Users] SunRay Citrix ICA Client Video and Audio Performance

Aaron Browne gopodge at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 14:07:38 EET 2011

Hi,

We are running our SunRay 2 and SunRay 3 units in kiosk mode which in turn
runs a Citrix ICA Client for our users.

I would like to know if anyone else is running in this type of configuration
and if they can share any experience regarding video and audio performance.

Also, I am unsure if the SunRay multimedia redirection works with Citrix or
if it is exclusive to the RDP client?

++

On our setup, video performance is limited to smaller resolution videos and
the audio can be choppy.

YouTube is reasonable sometimes and occasionally audio doesn't work at all.

I have found that Windows Media Player destroys audio playback making it
crackly and annoying. Using a web Flash audio player results in quite a good
audio experience.

Also, some tweaks to the ICA NumDataBuffers and NumCommandBuffers options
resulted in smoother video and audio for our users.

Cheers,
Aaron