[SunRay-Users] Full HD video ssh -X I don't understand

Alexander Koponen koponen at mittag-leffler.se
Thu Mar 17 13:51:11 EET 2011

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011, Wim Coekaerts wrote:

> just running mplayer on a remote server not just the local sunray server to
> show that even that works pretty smoothly :)

Is there coming a new SRSS release that has video improvements?
With or without VirtualGL?
What soundtechnology?

What kind of OS do I need to run to get this going?
Can I have a fast machine (with nice GPU) and the clients connected to
this will get the benefits?

I'm today running my clients connected to a RHEL5-server, so all this
VDI/Virtualtalk lately has been "over my head".

  -- Alexander

Alexander Koponen                                   System Administrator
Institut Mittag-Leffler                           phone: +46 8 622 05 75
Auravagen 17                                        fax: +46 8 622 05 89
SE-182 60 DJURSHOLM                            koponen at mittag-leffler.se
SWEDEN                                     http://www.mittag-leffler.se/