[SunRay-Users] VDA licenses hurting VDI

Craig Bender Craig.Bender at Oracle.com
Thu Mar 17 08:06:56 EET 2011

I'd like to apologize to anyone who though I was being condescending or
arrogant.  That wasn't my agenda at all.

Ivar's business, like many of the people on this list, is selling Sun
Rays and/or Oracle VDI.  I try to share what I know so that it may help
those who face these same comments and objections from customers, or
worse have to fight FUD from competitors.

For instance, you might be in a competitive situation against a thin
client vendor selling a WinTPC device. As I mentioned before, the big
claim MS makes is that devices that use this OS do not have to pay a
WVDA license is required.  The competitor may bring up the fact that a
Sun Ray requires WVDA, but they'll forget to mention that SA is required.

I see this happen all the time and I'm just doing my part educate.
Think of this as free competitive marketing.

I don't dislike MS Operating systems.  I don't dislike MS.  And I
definately don't dislike people who use their operating system.  I'd be
a self-hating Windows user if that was the case.  ;)