[SunRay-Users] Upgrade to SRSS 5.1 / VDI 3.2.2 resulted in 100% outage

Mika A mika at kyamk.fi
Wed Mar 2 22:40:24 EET 2011

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, Craig Bender wrote:

> OK, I've recreated you scenario.
>
> With debug on I see that the real error isn't uttsc exiting, it's that
> there's no association between a pool and a token.

Really? Now where would they all have gone?

For example, this is the DTU on my desk in the office:
root at sunvdi-broker-02 # vda token-show pseudo.00144fe7dd7b
POOL                     DESKTOP                  DESKTOP_ID                KIND
Avoin-new                vdi-avo-20                   117518               Token
Avoin-new                                                                  Token

and unless it has fixed itself after I left today, it's been recycling
since Monday.

Yes, there may be some random DTUs that are missing a desktop but most of
them has an assignment.

> Are you using smart cards or not?

Nope, DTUs are assigned to pools.

.mika

> On 3/2/11 10:53 AM, Mika A wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, Craig Bender wrote:
>>
>>> OK, something is wrong somewhere in the parsing. I'll find it. You do
>>> have client auth disabled right?
>>
>> Ok, great!
>>
>> You mean this:
>> root at sunvdi-broker-02 # /opt/SUNWvda/sbin/vda settings-getprops -p
>> clientauthentication
>> Client Authentication: Disabled
>>
>> yup..
>>

>> .mika