[SunRay-Users] Upgrade to SRSS 5.1 / VDI 3.2.2 resulted in 100% outage

Walter Moore moorewr at eckerd.edu
Wed Mar 2 18:36:55 EET 2011

As a Solaris system administration tangent:
Those of you who have zfs in production.. if you have zfs backups and
restores working to your liking, could you e-mail me about the software or
scripts you are using? I'm currently just using zfs send and receive and I
miss all the options & feedback in ufsdump/ufsrestore.

I can summarize to the list if there's interest.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Jussi Sallinen <jussi at jus.si> wrote:

> Hmm, how about ZFS snapshot before upgrading next time? :-)
> If the host is running on ZFS that is.
>
> --
> -Jussi Sallinen
>  +358407007600
>  jussi at jus.si
>
> On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 01:20:27PM +0200, Mika A wrote:
> > PS. As a sidenote, regarding the system as a whole, I am once again
> amazed how
> > fragile the thing is. We have a fully supported VDI system to which I did
> an
> > upgrade following the Update Installation document and the end result was
> > total blackout for users, which has now lasted for two days.. These
> things can
> > happen but these happen way too often and they last for WAY too long..

Walter R. Moore --  Sr. Systems Administrator, Eckerd College
moorewr at eckerd.edu --  http://home.eckerd.edu/~moorewr

"It was glorious to see -- if your heart were iron,
And you could keep from grieving at all the pain" - The Iliad (13.355)

I'm on twitter: http://twitter.com/moorewreckerd

***Reminder! ITS will never ask you to e-mail your password!***