[SunRay-Users] Zenity in the _PRE script?

Art Peck arthurpeck at aol.com
Tue Mar 1 18:47:17 EET 2011

I have a script the updates the Location field for the DTU using utdesktop. It works fine as long as I run it as root, since utdesktop requires root to do the "-e" option. Hmm.

I set it up to run as the KIOSK_SESSION_PRE script, but that doesn't seem to work. I never see the zenity text entry box. I'm wondering if something is blocking me from doing zenity at the time the _PRE runs?

Other than RBAC and the priviledged shell, are there any other choices??

Art