[SunRay-Users] Ctrl-alt backspace issue

Carl Holzhauer cholzhauer at sscorp.com
Wed Mar 31 16:01:51 EEST 2010

Where would I specify the -D option?

From: sunray-users-bounces at filibeto.org [mailto:sunray-users-bounces at filibeto.org] On Behalf Of William Yang
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 3:15 PM
To: 'SunRay-Users mailing list'
Subject: Re: [SunRay-Users] Ctrl-alt backspace issue

It sounds like you may be using RHA (remote hotdesk authentication) at the location that doesn't work.  RHA is a pseudo-session that protects the security of the actual session, so you are terminating the pseudo-session but SRSS relaunches it after you terminate it since the real session associated with the DTU is still possessed by the same user.  I think RHA was introduced with SRSS 4.2.  The RHA login dialog looks similar to the login dialogs used with Solaris 9 and older.  The -D option to utpolicy allows you to disable RHA.  Without RHA, you rely purely on the ability of the screensaver to protect the session.

William Yang