[SunRay-Users] Ctrl-alt backspace issue

William Yang wyang at tjhsst.edu
Tue Mar 30 22:14:57 EEST 2010

It sounds like you may be using RHA (remote hotdesk authentication) at the
location that doesn't work.  RHA is a pseudo-session that protects the
security of the actual session, so you are terminating the pseudo-session
but SRSS relaunches it after you terminate it since the real session
associated with the DTU is still possessed by the same user.  I think RHA
was introduced with SRSS 4.2.  The RHA login dialog looks similar to the
login dialogs used with Solaris 9 and older.  The -D option to utpolicy
allows you to disable RHA.  Without RHA, you rely purely on the ability of
the screensaver to protect the session.

William Yang