[SunRay-Users] Sun Ray on Ubuntu 9.04 only running GDM in Kiosk Mode

Joerg Barfurth jub at sun.com
Mon Mar 29 11:20:39 EEST 2010

yogi schrieb:

> Thanks Joerg for the input, when I switch to kioskgreeter gdm keeps crashing with the message
>
> --snip--
>
> The greeter application seems to be crashing. Attempting to use a different one
>
> --snip--
>
> snd I have a black screen.

Is this for non-kiosk sessions, then you probably haven't specified a
valid path to the real greeter.

[...]

> My gdm.conf
>
> --snip--
> [daemon]

[...]

> # This determines whether gdm will honor requests DYNAMIC requests from
> # the gdmdynamic command.
> DynamicXServers=true
> #Greeter=/usr/lib/gdm/gdmlogin
> Greeter=/opt/SUNWkio/lib/gdm/kioskgreeter

[...]

This should be
   Greeter=/opt/SUNWkio/lib/gdm/kioskgreeter /usr/lib/gdm/gdmlogin

If you don't specify a greeter as argument, the kiosk greeter tries to
chain to  /usr/bin/gdmgreeter, which isn't valid for all Linux distros.

HTH

- Jörg