[SunRay-Users] Sun Ray 3 Plus in Google cache archives

William Yang wyang at tjhsst.edu
Fri Mar 26 06:32:26 EET 2010

I wonder if there is a way to use Flash's OpenGL accelerations or convince
Adobe to use Xvideo or something that is more easily passed down to a thin
client (since with the Sun Ray 2, if I launch a YouTube stream in mplayer,
it runs better since mplayer is using Xvideo to transmit to the Sun Ray).

I would love to see support for hardware decoding for Solaris sessions
though, preferably using one of the "standard" existing protocols that I
mentioned in a thread not too long ago.  That way at least ordinary videos
can play well, and maybe even Flash when played through mplayer if it uses a
codec that can be decoded on the Ray.

William Yang