[SunRay-Users] Customizing firmware for SunRay DTUs?

Sean Walmsley sean at fpp.nuclearsafetysolutions.com
Tue Mar 23 23:51:40 EET 2010

What about:

- load the GUI firmware
- configure the "Servers" section with your fixed Sunray
  server IP address (or sunrayservername.domainname) if the
  local DHCP/DNS setup will resolve the address of the
  sunray server on your subdomain)
- leave the IP set to "DHCP" in the "TCP/IP" section
  of the GUI firmware setup
- set the firmware password to avoid tinkering

You can now plug the unit in anywhere on your network and
it will:

  - pick up its IP, netmask, and default router from your
    IT group's standard DHCP server
  - resolve the server IP via DNS (if you didn't use a
    hardcoded IP number)
  - drill through to your designated sunray server via its
    defaultrouter

There is still a tiny bit of initial setup to load the GUI
firmware and input two (sunray and firmware) server addresses,
but after that the units should be fully plug and play.

I hope I haven't misunderstood your requirement.

Sean