[SunRay-Users] force Windows to use US-international keyboard instead of locale keyboard?

The Loeki the.loeki at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 14:24:57 EET 2010

There appears to be no correct setting for Language-Dutch,
Keyboard-US-International.

I always use this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322042

It's a registry setting that's aptly called IgnoreRemoteKeyboardLayout. It
allows you to define your own settings within Windows, completely ignoring
what the RDP client says.

You can of course forget about the compose key doing anything functional in
Windows. Windows doesn't know what to do with it. So with US-International
you will get the Windows-deadkeys feature, i.e. press quote and then the e
to get é and so on.