[SunRay-Users] Thunderbird 3 on RHEL5.4 and SRSS 4.2 problem

Brad Lackey Brad.Lackey at Sun.COM
Thu Mar 18 18:58:29 EET 2010

Why not strace thunderbird-bin and see what it's waiting for?

On Mar 18, 2010, at 9:54 AM, Aaron Wilson wrote:

> On a whim I thought I'd try out Firefox 3.6.
> Same exact thing happens with Firefox 3.6 too.
> ??
>
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 8:54 AM, Aaron Wilson <aaron at ernieball.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying to run Thunderbird 3 on RHEL.
>> These are fresh new installs and to be quite honest we're a little
>> rookie with SRSS on RHEL. We're switching over from Solaris 10.
>>
>> Anyways, when I'm on a DTU, thunderbird never starts up.
>>
>> I uncommented a line in /opt/thunderbird/thunderbird to allow debugging messages
>>
>> bash-3.2$ /opt/thunderbird/thunderbird
>> + moz_libdir=/usr/local/lib/thunderbird-3.0.3
>> + found=0
>> + progname=/opt/thunderbird/thunderbird
>> ++ dirname /opt/thunderbird/thunderbird
>> + curdir=/opt/thunderbird
>> ++ basename /opt/thunderbird/thunderbird
>> + progbase=thunderbird
>> + run_moz=/opt/thunderbird/run-mozilla.sh
>> + test -x /opt/thunderbird/run-mozilla.sh
>> + dist_bin=/opt/thunderbird
>> + found=1
>> + '[' 1 = 0 ']'
>> + script_args=
>> + debugging=0
>> + MOZILLA_BIN=thunderbird-bin
>> + '[' linux-gnu = beos ']'
>> + pass_arg_count=0
>> + '[' 0 -gt 0 ']'
>> + '[' 0 = 1 ']'
>> + /opt/thunderbird/run-mozilla.sh /opt/thunderbird/thunderbird-bin
>>
>> It will hang on that last line indefinitely.
>>
>> Now if I open up a terminal and ssh -X back into the server and run
>> thunderbird it will start up fine.
>> If I go into the server closet and log in locally to the Sun Ray
>> server, thunderbird will start up fine too.
>>
>> It's only when I try to run it from a DTU that it hangs.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>

> --
> Aaron Wilson
> Ernie Ball, Inc.
> I.T. Department
> aaron at ernieball.com
> (805) 544-7726
> Skype: aaron.kane.wilson
>
> NOTICE: This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
> Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this
> e-mail or its contents is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply mail and
> destroy the original and all copies of the original message.

Brad Lackey | Technical Enablement Manager
Phone: +1 7205483339
Oracle Global Desktop Virtualization
San Diego, CA