[SunRay-Users] utconfig libgdbm.so.3 error on RHEL5.3 and SRSS 4.2

Aaron Wilson aaron at ernieball.com
Wed Mar 17 00:50:58 EET 2010

We originally attempted to install on RHEL5.4 but where told by Sun it
wasn't supported so we installed RHEL5.3 on our servers instead.
Coincidently Red Hat tell us they don't support libgdbm.so.3....
They're Sun Fire x4140 servers
Anyways when we run utconfig we get an error. This occurs on RHEL5.3
and RHEL5.4 but in the case it's RHEL5.3 because it's "supported"

[root at slosunray01 sbin]# ./utconfig

Configuration of Sun Ray Server Software

This script automates the configuration of the Sun Ray Server Software
and related software products.  Before proceeding, you should have read
the Sun Ray Server Software 4.2 Installation Guide and filled out the
Configuration Worksheet.  This script will prompt you for the values
you filled out on the Worksheet.  For your convenience, default values
(where applicable) are shown in brackets.

Continue ([y]/n)?
Enter Sun Ray admin password:
Re-enter Sun Ray admin password:
/opt/SUNWut/sbin/utpw: error while loading shared libraries:
libgdbm.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
Password validation, utpw failed with unknown exit status 127
Enter Sun Ray admin password:

At an impasse.
Not sure what to do next.

--