[SunRay-Users] Sunray connector and USB support for Win 2008

David Bullock david.bullock at machaira.com.au
Tue Mar 16 17:14:43 EET 2010

True - I wasn't suggesting that Fabula Tech's solution would work directly
on a Sun-Ray - only that it is a reasonable thing to have complete USB
redirection to a virtualised Windows host.

I understand (perhaps I am wrong?) that USB redirection between a Sun Ray
and its Solaris/Linux host is already supported by SRSS out of the box
(assuming a Solaris/Linux driver for the connected hardware exists) - but
that doesn't really help for the 'RDP leg' of the connection to the Windows
host.

Presumably, with the right business arrangements in place, Fabula Tech (or
some other vendor) would be able to leverage their Windows-side experience
with USB redirection in the SRSS/SRWC environment as well ... given that the
Sun Ray firmware already handles USB redirection between the DTU and the Sun
Ray Server.

I thought of one other possibility for Sun's USB redirection story - that is
their proprietary RDP protocol which interfaces to the VM at a machine level
(rather than at the 'Windows session' level).  Maybe that's their strategy?

regards,
David.