[SunRay-Users] Smartcard cycles continuously for "regular" sessions

Jörg Barfurth Joerg.Barfurth at Sun.COM
Tue Mar 16 14:15:20 EET 2010

Damien R Plunkett schrieb:
> Jorg,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> "- Does
>      $ svcs name-service-cache
>    report any problem (that nscd is not 'online')?"
> - No, name-service-cache is online.
>
> The passwd line in the /etc/nsswitch.conf file reads:
> passwd:	files winbind
>

> "- Is there any error message from ncsd at the same time as the hdlogin
>    error, for example in /var/adm/messages?"
>
> There are no error messages from ncsd at the same time. I only see the same error message "...Cannot resolve altuid (42795)..." in /var/adm/messages. I had been told from the previous admin that ncsd should be turned off when using winbind, but I have seen no difference in behavior when the service is on or off.

It certainly does look like a problem of the winbind nsswitch module,
possibly in conjunction with nsćd, if a user name lookup fails
intermittently. Does winbind need credentials to authenticate to AD for
name service lookups?

The Sun Ray 'Session Lock' GUI runs outside the session context. This is
different from both an ordinary screensaver and the initial login. (But
nscd would run outside the session context anyhow.)

- Jörg

--
Joerg Barfurth
Software Engineer        mailto:joerg.barfurth at sun.com