[SunRay-Users] Sun Ray Bandwidth Scripts

William BRYSON William.BRYSON at telstraclear.co.nz
Tue Mar 16 05:00:46 EET 2010

Your best bet for this would probably be to pipe the output of
"/opt/SUNWut/sbin/utcapture -r -s <servername>" to a log file.

Be aware that this will generate some quite large logs very quickly.
To turn these into more useful files (CSV, for example), you would want
to use grep/awk/perl to massage the masses of data into the form you
want.

I prefer Perl myself, so I'll give a Perl example below.

A sample Perl regex to capture the data from a utcapture raw output line
would be (forgive me if I mis-type):

my ($dtu, $year, $month, $day, $hour, $min, $sec, $total_packets,
$total_loss, $bytes_sent, $percent_loss, $latency) =

 $utcapture_line =~

Using this regex, just iterate over the log, pushing whatever data you
want to keep into arrays or hashes.

If you let me know what specific statistics you're trying to keep track
of, I can probably throw together a quick script for you.

Best Regards,

William Bryson