[SunRay-Users] XKB HowTo?

Hana Skoumalova Hana.Skoumalova at ff.cuni.cz
Fri Mar 12 15:53:16 EET 2010

SIMOND Gilles wrote:
> Hello
>
> to correct the xkbcomp error
>  >  > Error: Can't find file "sun/us" for symbols include
>
> you also have to make a symbolic link
>       ln -s sun_vndr sun
> in
> /usr/share/X11/xkb/keymap
> and
> /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols

Thank you, this helped with modifiers, but now I have some more
questions. There are two locations in the system with XKB files:
/usr/share/X11/xkb and /opt/SUNWut/lib/xkb - it seems that the programs
look at both locations. Can someone explain how those files are read
(order, relevance, etc.)? I would like to customize the Czech keyboard
and I want to know where I can make changes.

And there is still the issue with broken icons. Any idea?

Hana