[SunRay-Users] Sun Ray user auto login

Murray Fraser msfraser at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 07:33:50 EET 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 1:12 AM, Paul Whitener <pwhitener at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I have a RHEL5 4.2 setup that is working great.  I would like 3 DTUs to automatically login using a different IDs without a smart card whenever it is plugged in or logged out of.
>
> A pseudo kiosk mode, but I do not want to destroy the settings for the user, printers, OpenOffice register banner gone, etc.

Do you need to save changes made in each session? If not, you can use
a kiosk session with a prototype directory.

Login as the user, change the settings, then copy their home directory
into the prototype directory for the kiosk session:

/etc/opt/SUNWkio/prototypes/user1/

Create a session descriptor in /etc/opt/SUNWkio/sessions/user1.conf

KIOSK_SESSION_EXEC=$KIOSK_SESSION_DIR/generic-session
KIOSK_SESSION_LABEL="User 1 mandatory profile"
KIOSK_SESSION_PROTOTYPE=user1

Change the 'KIOSK_SESSION_EXEC' to whatever session script you are using.

Then use utkioskoverride -s -r pseudo.0003xxxxxxxx -c user1
to specify the kiosk session descriptor to use for the token.

Create different prototype directories for accounts that need to be
set up with different mandatory profile types.

The changes made by the user during the session will be destroyed, and
will be replaced with the mandatory profile.