[SunRay-Users] No sound on SRSS 4.2/Fedora 12

SIMOND Gilles Gilles.Simond at unige.ch
Mon Mar 8 13:50:28 EET 2010

Hello

I've also installed SRSS 4.2 on fedora 12, everything works, sound also
the only remainning problem (if you know how to solve it, you're
welcome!) flash videos are displayed with the wrong colors in web browsers

I had to configure pulse audio to get it work with the utaudio device
so I add the small script listed below
the script is in /etc/opt/SUNWut/xinitrc.d/0101.SUNWutaudio with a
symbolic link to it in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/

Gilles Simond

======8<===============8<===============8<===============8<=========
#!/bin/bash

if [ ! "x${UTAUDIODEV}" == "x" ] ; then

   if [ ! -d ${HOME}/.pulse ] ; then
     mkdir ${HOME}/.pulse
   fi

   # create pulseaudio configuration for utaudio
   PULSECONF=${HOME}/.pulse/default.pa
   sed "s|UTAUDIODEV|$UTAUDIODEV|g" /opt/SUNWut/lib/utpulse.pa >
${PULSECONF}

   # create asoundrc for pulseaudio redirection
   ASOUNDRC=${HOME}/.asoundrc
   echo -n > ${ASOUNDRC}
   echo "pcm.!default { " >> ${ASOUNDRC}
   echo "  type pulse" >> ${ASOUNDRC}