[SunRay-Users] SRSS supported when running under a virtualized Solaris?

Craig Bender Craig.Bender at Sun.COM
Sat Mar 6 02:39:41 EET 2010

Sun Ray Server Software is supported where ever a full version of a
Solaris is supported.  That could be VMWare, LDOMS, etc.  That doesn't
mean it will be as performant as bare metal, and in some cases it makes
troubleshooting a tad more difficult (wrong PV drivers for networking of
the guest, etc) but yes it's supported.

The global zone reference is about Solaris containers, i.e. zones and
some customers would like to run instances of SRSS in  zones, but SRSS
need the ability to install drivers and create device nodes which are
possible in a non-global zone.