[SunRay-Users] SDG Question

David Bullock david.bullock at machaira.com.au
Fri Mar 5 00:45:52 EET 2010

Hi Bryan,

No answers for you, but some things to try/consider before implicating SGD.

Possibly the user's ISP applies traffic-shaping to the TCP session after 3
hours as an anti-leach measure?  Although in that case, simply restarting
the SGD session without rebooting the XP VM would be a remedy (it's strange
that that rebooting the VM is required ... is it really necessary?).

In any case, trying to reproduce the result with a different ISP, different
home ADSL modem, different operating system version on the home PC ... would
all be instructive.

Even temporarily putting a Sun Ray 2 at the user's home as you suggest ...
would get you more facts to hypothesise with ... to either blame or excuse
SGD as the culprit.

Good luck!

David Bullock