[SunRay-Users] EXTERNAL: Sun Desktop Access Client (SDAC / soft client) poor performance

Devin Nate Devin.Nate at cloudwerxdata.com
Tue Mar 2 00:06:02 EET 2010

Hi Lars;

I completely agree... the problem is, the DTU and SDAC clients are on identical networks... in fact, I've taken the cable out of a perfect DTU and put it into a PC. I was thinking perhaps QoS or something tagging the udp packages.

The PCs have Intel nic's. I'm tracking down totally different architectures. Our core is all Cisco networking gear. We're looking to setup a host on the same LAN directly connected to the core, that said we had some hosts in the datacenter getting latency of 500.000, gig connected but on a different subnet.

All that aside, the Sun DTU's work perfect on the same network. We're going through everything with a fine tooth comb, but I'm not optimistic.

More thoughts?

Thanks,
Devin