[SunRay-Users] EXTERNAL: Sun Desktop Access Client (SDAC / soft client) poor performance

Devin Nate Devin.Nate at cloudwerxdata.com
Mon Mar 1 20:52:27 EET 2010

As a follow up, there are no lost packets for either system. Simply a huge difference in latencies. The network (ICMP) is reporting 10-20 ms. The Sun DTU's are reporting 10-20 ms. There's no reason for SDAC to report 500+ ms.

Maybe a bug in the SDAC causing really high latencies? Maybe a bug in utcapture as to what it's reporting.

We're going through our network, including with Wireshark/pcap ... so far, we cannot see any differences between the packages generated by a DTU and that of SDAC.

We're going to put a SDAC machine on the same LAN in the data center and see what happens... but.

Any more thoughts??

Thanks,
Devin