[SunRay-Users] OTOY- AMD- Fusion and Sun Rays

Ivar Janmaat ijanmaat at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 28 14:15:18 EET 2009

Hello,

I was watching:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzVCZdctASY
It is about 3d rendering (games) in the Cloud and viewing the rendered
content in a webbrowser on any device.
I have always believed that rendering should be done in the datacenter
and not on the local graphics hardware.
For me that is also the whole idea behind the Sun Ray.  The problem has
always been that it not economical to do a lot of video processing with
todays server cpu's. So with the arrival of AMD Liana chips in 2011 it
might eventually be possible / economical feasible to do all the
rendering centrally.
It would be nice if the Sun Ray software would be able to use this AMD
technology when it becomes available in 2011.
It would be even better if Sun would be able show this feature before
other thin client makers would jump on it.

Kind regards,

Ivar