[SunRay-Users] Disconnected sessions

Bob Doolittle Robert.Doolittle at Sun.COM
Tue Oct 27 20:52:22 EET 2009

CJ Keist wrote:

> Is there any way to know how long a user session on a smart card has
> been disconnected with SRSS 4.1?  I would like to be able to free up
> system resources by automatically terminating disconnected sessions
> after some X number of days.

There's nothing for this built into the product. You could filter the
logs in /var/opt/SUNWut/log/messages to determine this, but that's
rather messy.

My guess however is that you care less about "disconnected" than idle.
After all, even if somebody left their card in their Sun Ray while it
was looping a movie and went on vacation for a month, you might want to
terminate that session. That's why most people care simply about "idle
time" as recorded by the X window manager.

If you look on the wiki (http://wiki.sun-rays.org) you'll see an
approach to terminating long-idle sessions using "xautolock -killer".
xautolock is freeware.

-Bob