[SunRay-Users] srss4.2 on osolv125 issue

Joe Reid jreid at vnet.net
Sun Oct 25 00:15:15 EEST 2009

ottomeister wrote:
> 'utadm' failed to discover a non-loopback IP address that corresponds to
> the hostname of this system.  That's what causes the subsequent failures.
>
> What does the command:
>
>     getent hosts `hostname`
>
> show on this system?  If it doesn't show a non-loopback IP address then
> add an entry that matches the result of 'hostname' into your /etc/hosts file
> and try the 'utadm' again.  (You should probably do a 'utadm -D' first to
> clear out anything left behind by earlier attempts.)
>
> If the 'getent' does show a reasonable IP address then please show us the
> content of this machine's /etc/hostname.* files.
>
> The "unable to get information on primary interface" message means that

# ls -l /etc/hostname*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 15 Oct 24 12:15 /etc/hostname.yge0
# more /etc/hostname.yge0
192.168.100.13
# getent hosts `hostname`
192.168.100.13 solshine
# grep solshine /etc/hosts
::1 solshine solshine.local localhost loghost
127.0.0.1 solshine.local localhost loghost
192.168.100.13 solshine

This server is NOT a dhcp client, it was and will be my dhcp server
(this box used to hose sunrays running community edition and srss 4.1)

--
joe
I love my sunrays