[SunRay-Users] srss4.2 on osolv125 issue

ottomeister ottomeister at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 23:54:26 EEST 2009

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Joe Reid <jreid at vnet.net> wrote:
> Joe Reid wrote:
>> [utadm ...]
>> Error: unable to get information on primary interface
>> Error: unable to get information on the primary interface.
>> ### Configuring firmware version for Sun Ray
>> Error: cannot set firmware version to network macro "192.168.100.0":
>> Configuration for DHCP subnet 192.168.100.0 does not exist.

The "unable to get information on primary interface" message means that
'utadm' failed to discover a non-loopback IP address that corresponds to
the hostname of this system.  That's what causes the subsequent failures.

What does the command:

    getent hosts `hostname`

show on this system?  If it doesn't show a non-loopback IP address then
add an entry that matches the result of 'hostname' into your /etc/hosts file
and try the 'utadm' again.  (You should probably do a 'utadm -D' first to
clear out anything left behind by earlier attempts.)

If the 'getent' does show a reasonable IP address then please show us the
content of this machine's /etc/hostname.* files.

OttoM.
__
ottomeister

Disclaimer: These are my opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.