[SunRay-Users] which OS

Bob Doolittle Robert.Doolittle at Sun.COM
Fri Oct 23 18:03:38 EEST 2009

Quayle, Bill wrote:
> Can you tell us if the transition from 4.2 EA to the production release "in early November" will be an upgrade, or fresh install?  I have 4.2 EA on our dev systems right now, but have been hesitant to put deploy it further.

I don't have anything to say that is likely to reassure you.

We don't test inter-release upgrades. We recommend that people
uninstall/reinstall.

That said, I commonly do build-to-build upgrades and have not
encountered any problems.
The last time I can recall a problem with inter-build upgrades was many
releases ago, but because the potential always exists we don't support
them, so that we can focus resources on more critical features.

Sorry I don't have more supportive statements I can offer.

-Bob