[SunRay-Users] which OS

Bob Doolittle Robert.Doolittle at Sun.COM
Fri Oct 23 16:07:31 EEST 2009

Folks,

*Nobody* should be trying to install 4.1 on OpenSolaris or SXCE at this
point. We should clean up our TWiki and respective (now obsolete) blogs,
to avoid sending people down the wrong path.

The 4.2 Early Access release is publically available and works much better:
https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=SRS-5-EA2-SP-LX-G-B@CDS-CDS_SMI

At this point, the only manual steps required with the EA2 release are:
- disable NWAM (on OpenSolaris)
- Install the additional packages (on OpenSolaris)
- install SRSS (don't reboot yet)
- Apply the GDM stanza to /etc/pam.conf
- Apply the workaround to loginGUI.start, if using an older build such
as OS2009.06 (not necessary for b125)
- reboot

If you are going to attempt to use the Desktop Access Client (aka soft
client) you'll need to edit the /etc/sock2path file before the reboot
(and make sure to enable the "-u pseudo" policy and probably the "-M"
policy as well so you can access your session both from DTUs and your
soft client).

-Bob