[SunRay-Users] SRSS on Solaris with link aggregation and utadm -a

ottomeister ottomeister at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 11:08:59 EEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 12:44 AM, James Tan <jameztcc at gmail.com> wrote:
> SRSS 4.1 + Solaris 10 with link aggregation (intf = aggr1) e.g.
> 192.168.254.1 <---->gateway<--->router<---> DTU e.g. 172.168.10.10 using
> sunray-servers and sunray-config-servers to find AltAuth(192.168.254.1)
>
> Would like to use utadm -a on the aggr1

'utadm -a' sets up a dedicated directly-connected Sun Ray interconnect
subnet.  That's not what you have here, so you mustn't use 'utadm -a'.

If you want to set up DHCP on this server to provide information to Sun
Rays on a remote subnet that belongs to your generally routable intranet
then you must use 'utadm -A'.  If you aren't trying to set up DHCP for Sun
Rays on that subnet but just want SRSS to allow connections from DTUs
on remote subnets then use 'utadm -L on'.  Either way, SRSS should have
no problems using the aggregated interface.

OttoM.
__
ottomeister

Disclaimer: These are my opinions. I do not speak for my employer.