[SunRay-Users] Xnewt crash with 3D programs on Linux (again)

Tue Oct 20 17:37:32 EEST 2009

Philippe Bourdeu d'Aguerre wrote:
> Hi Sunray fellows,
>
> This is an long standing and annoying bug: Xnewt crashes on Linux with some 3D
> programs. Some users report the problem with Mathlab, I get myself the bug
> with an microelectronic application (COVENTOR).
>
> In April I filled a bug (case number 70886190 - cr 6718418) at SUN support. As
> it was difficult for SUN to reproduce the bug with Coventor (which is not
> free) I searched for a free program which could reproduce the bug and I found
> a version of Tuxracer that crash Xnewt with similar traceback. But the bug
> was closed by SUN in September without solution.

CR 6718418 is a bug against the Solaris version of Xorg, not the Linux version
of Xnewt - your bug numbers must have gotten crossed somewhere:
	http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6718418

Perhaps you meant
	6836832 Xnewt crashes in xmesa_check_and_update_buffer_size
which is still open?

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com