[SunRay-Users] Xnewt crash with 3D programs on Linux (again)

Philippe Bourdeu d'Aguerre bda at aime-toulouse.fr
Tue Oct 20 12:34:22 EEST 2009

Hi Sunray fellows,

This is an long standing and annoying bug: Xnewt crashes on Linux with some 3D
programs. Some users report the problem with Mathlab, I get myself the bug
with an microelectronic application (COVENTOR).

In April I filled a bug (case number 70886190 - cr 6718418) at SUN support. As
it was difficult for SUN to reproduce the bug with Coventor (which is not
free) I searched for a free program which could reproduce the bug and I found
a version of Tuxracer that crash Xnewt with similar traceback. But the bug
was closed by SUN in September without solution.

For those interested, there is a workaround which works for me with Coventor
and tuxracer: we have another microelectronic application which is furnished
with mesa libs (32 and 64 bits). If I put this mesa lib directory at
beginning of LD_LIBRAY_PATH environment variable, application didn't make
Xnewt crash anymore. I can send it to those interested to test.
--
Philippe BOURDEU d'AGUERRE
AIME - Campus de l'INSA                  http://www.aime-toulouse.fr/