[SunRay-Users] How to add a command when a session reconnects

P.S.M.Swamiji Psm.Swamiji at Sun.COM
Fri Oct 16 10:51:55 EEST 2009

Dark Bass wrote:

> Hi
>

> I have the following situation. I need to turn off dpms and screen
> blanking on some DTUs.
>
> Google told me a way to do this is to put xset in the CAM script. It
> turns off dpms for all users which use that CAM / Kiosk. (if anyone
> would know how to do that per DTU?)
>

> Well anyway.. This seems to be working....until... You put a card in
> that DTU for another CAM session which doesnt have dpms off. After
> this, if you reconnect to the NO DPMS session it doesnt work anymore.
> It seems the xset command runs only when creating a new sunray
> session. When you connect or hotdesk to an existing session the xset
> doesnt work.
>

> Anyone have an idea how to fix this ?

Call xset when ever session reconnect. Pls see utaction man page for
more details.

Thanks
P.S.M.Swamiji

Note: These are my personal opinions, nothing to do with my employer