[SunRay-Users] Problems with sound since Nevada build 118

Ivar Janmaat ijanmaat at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 15 13:26:48 EEST 2009

Hello Bob,

If I start a session:
- AUDIODEV and UTAUDIODEV are not set.
- The audio deamon is not running
The result is that I can not play audio on my Sun Ray.

When I set AUDIODEV with a shell command:
$ AUDIODEV= `/opt/SUNWut/bin/utaudio`
The following line is printed:
SO_KEEPALIVE: option not supported by protocol
And a blank line is printed.
I have to press Enter or ^C to get back to the command prompt.
In both cases the AUDIODEV is set correctly.

If I also set UTAUDIODEV and export them I can play audio on the Sun Ray
with:
gst-launch filesrc location x.wav ! wavparse ! sunaudiosink
All the gstreamer apps and realplayer still complain that the can not
access the audio device.

Hope this helps,

Ivar