[SunRay-Users] Problems with sound since Nevada build 118

Bob Doolittle Robert.Doolittle at Sun.COM
Thu Oct 15 04:57:08 EEST 2009

Ivar Janmaat wrote:
> I found that UTAUDIODEV is not set for the Sun Ray user (SRSS 4.2 ea 2).
> So the audio patch can not determine that the Sun Ray audio device
> should be used.
> Where should the UTAUDIODEV be set?
> Is it known that UTAUDIODEV is not set when SRSS 4.2 ea 2 is running
> on Nevada build 124?

/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/0100.SUNWut.sh should launch utaudio which
should return the value stored in UTAUDIODEV. Files in that directory
are executed by gdm when it executes /etc/X11/gdm/Xsession. We haven't
done a lot of experimenting with SRSS on 124 yet (although hopefully I
will tomorrow if I can get my IPS repository to install since those
testbeds are 124 based) and would appreciate any data you may gather.

-Bob