[SunRay-Users] Kiosk mode security problem?

Antony Healey A.Healey at uws.edu.au
Mon Oct 12 02:48:00 EEST 2009

Dear all,

I've been using the Kiosk mode with the only application (as 'Critical')
being Firefox. To my mind, this should mean that Firefox is the only
thing the user can see/use.

Yet we've discovered that if you "right-click" on the Orange menu
button, you can open up a floating menu and "Browse" is available. You
can then browse the local file system.

That hardly qualifies as 'kiosk' in my mind. Can anyone recommend an
easy way to prevent this from happening, is there a place to turn this
off for all kiosk-mode users?

Thanks,

Antony.

Antony Healey