[SunRay-Users] LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 - Mesa

Thierry Delaitre delaitt at cpc.wmin.ac.uk
Sat Oct 10 18:28:42 EEST 2009

Hello,

It may be a bit off topic but I'm using this on sunray servers.

I installed mesa 7.4.4 from blastwave and the demos work ok on the sunray
system.

These fails with exceed (due to lack of GLX module) eventhough we try to use
the opengl indirect mode by setting LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT to 1.

Which library is meant to be implement the INDIRECT opengl mode ? mesa or
the system's opengl libs ?

/opt/csw/share/mesademos-7.4.4/progs/demos$ ldd gears | grep GL
libGLU.so.1 =>   /opt/csw/lib/libGLU.so.1

        libGL.so.1 =>    /opt/csw/lib/libGL.so.1

        /usr/lib/libGLU.so

        /usr/lib/libGL.so

Thanks

Thierry.