[SunRay-Users] Firefox Kiosk Mode problem

Brad Lackey Brad.Lackey at Sun.COM
Thu Oct 8 17:58:11 EEST 2009

Are there any interesting messages in /var/opt/SUNWut/log/messages?

Will a JDS session without any applications configured start?

You can try turning on Kiosk Debug mode to get lots of detailed info.

Edit /etc/opt/SUNWkio/kioskrc
	Set KIOSK_DEBUG=1 > Edit /etc/syslog.conf

Change: user.info /var/opt/SUNWut/log/messages to:
	user.debug /var/opt/SUNWut/log/messages

Restart syslogd
	# svcadm restart system-log

Look in /var/opt/SUNWut/log/messages for errors

Brad

On Oct 8, 2009, at 7:29 AM, Talley, Paul wrote:

> I am trying to run a browser only (firefox) in kiosk mode. I have
> done the following and when I launch /opt/firefox -kiosk admin it
> just starts a normal firefox browser, it does no prompt for a
> password.
>

> Install firefox in /opt:
> ----------------------------
> Download the latest firefox from
> ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/2.0.0.12/contrib/solaris_tarball/
> Unzip firefox to /opt/firefox
>
> Install and Configure Kiosk extensions:
> Download the two kiosk XPI's from
> https://www.mozdevgroup.com/dropbox/jslib/signed/jslib_current_signed.xpi
> http://brooklynmuseum.mozdevgroup.com/install/xpi/signed/bmakiosk_current-ff-generic_signed.xpi
>

> Register the Components
>     /opt/firefox/firefox -install-global-extension /opt/firefox/bma/
> jslib_current_signed.xpi (If you get an error, try it again.)
>     /opt/firefox/firefox -install-global-extension /opt/firefox/bma/
> bmakiosk_current-ff-generic_signed.xpi
>
> Create a URL whitelist file.. /opt/firefox/whitelist
>     allowed[sgdserver.domain.com, ALL];
>
> Start the Kiosk extension admin GUI:
>     /opt/firefox/firefox -kiosk admin
>

> I have also done the following:
>
> Configure Kiosk Mode:
> -------------------------
> Create a kiosk application called Secure Global Desktop
>     vi /etc/opt/SUNWkio/applications/firefox.conf
>
>     KIOSK_APP_EXEC=/opt/firefox/firefox
>     KIOSK_APP_ARGS="-kiosk"
>     KIOSK_APP_LABEL="Firefox Kiosk"
>     KIOSK_APP_ICON=/opt/firefox/icons/mozicon50.xpm
>     KIOSK_APP_DESCRIPTION="Launch Firefox"
>
> Set up Kiosk mode to launch a JDS 3 session
> Add the Firefox application as AUTO start to the JDS 3 session.
>

> When I select JDS as for kiosk mode and add /opt/firefox/firefox  as
> the application or if I simply add a customer application and put
> the absolute path to firefox or mozilla for non card users only when
> the thin client connects it never starts a session, it starts to
> connect then just reboots over and over. Am I missing something here?

Brad Lackey
Datacenter Desktop - Technology Lead
North America
(720) 548-3339