[SunRay-Users] SRSS 4.2 Speaker/headphone

Darrel Hankerson hankedr at auburn.edu
Fri Oct 2 18:27:53 EEST 2009

Peter Sorensen writes:

   The only issue is that I use VMware view Kiosk..

We're using the vdm kiosk also.  We modified the vdm script under
/etc/opt/SUNWkio/sessions/ to set the audio device.  However, this won't
suffice if users are adjusting volume via the usual Windows control
since each adjustment brings the chassis speaker and headphones active
(on the Ray 2).

Perhaps you can train your users to adjust volume from the Sun-specific
keys.  The only hack I can see working effectively would be to
frequently poll after uttsc is launched, and re-set the device if
necessary.  This won't be pretty and it apparently will not completely
prevent short bursts from the chassis speaker.

--
Darrel Hankerson