[SunRay-Users] USB redirection on SRS 5 ea2 not working -- what am I doing wrong?

Isaac Bush isaac at okeeffemuseum.org
Thu Oct 1 21:26:57 EEST 2009

Hello all,

I'm trying to get USB redirection going on the ea2 software but it isn't
working for some reason. Here's what I've done so far:

installed a fresh copy of s10u7 in a ESX vm.
Installed/configured srss4.2 and srwc 2.2
installed a fresh WinXP VM (standalone; not part of a VDI setup)
added usb drives to WinXP install and then installed the USB redir
components.
I also installed the MMR stuff which is working.

The XP install shows the utSrSession device under System Devices and
shows the utUsbPort device under USB controllers and the USB redirect
icon does show up in the system tray. However when I plug a flash disk
into the Sun Ray port (a sunray 2 if that matters) then nothing happens
even after waiting a long time. I've checked the server logs and I have
entries for utstoraged servicing the disk so I believe that the Sun Ray
server is seeing the device but that does not seem to be getting passed
to the windows vm.

I'm sure I've missed a step here but I'm not sure what it is... is there
a argument that needs to passed to uttsc for instance? I've looked
around the web gui and read the man page for uttsc but I don't see
anything to enable USB redirection.

I'd appreciate any help on this.

Thanks, Isaac

Isaac Bush