[SunRay-Users] Seconday servers not listed in web admin GUI

Bob Doolittle Robert.Doolittle at Sun.COM
Tue Feb 10 11:00:38 EET 2009

utreplica sets up SRDS data replication. Its effect is not visible
directly via the web admin GUI.

utconfig runs utgroupsig to set a common group signature in all FOG
members. It's the group signature that defines FOG membership in terms
of failover, load balancing, and session location.

If you're not seeing all your FOG members in the web admin GUI (or in
/opt/SUNWut/sbin/utgstatus) then that indicates that either your group
signatures were not set to a common value (compare the passwords in
/etc/opt/SUNWut/gmSignature, but do not edit those files directly - if
you need to change them use utgroupsig), or you're having network issues
between your servers.

What does utgstatus report? You should see all of your FOG servers, with
a "T" in the first host flag column (indicating that the host is a
Trusted member of the FOG).

Are all of your servers directly connected to each other on a common subnet?

You may be experiencing IP multicast issues with your switches - this is
rather common I'm afraid.
If your servers are directly connected to each other, than you may edit
/etc/opt/SUNWut/auth.props to set enableMulticast=false. This tells SRSS
to use broadcast instead of multicast for the Group Membership protocol.
You will need to run utrestart after this to pick up the change. You'll
need to perform this operation on each server.

-Bob