[SunRay-Users] Timeout Values

Troy Knabe tdknabe at wou.edu
Tue Oct 7 08:28:56 EEST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: Joerg Barfurth <jub at sun.com>
Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2008 2:03 am
Subject: Re: [SunRay-Users] Timeout Values
Cc: "P.S.M. Swamiji" <Psm.Swamiji at sun.com>

> If you see sessions that are marked as 'Login Greeter/Idle' in
> the Sun
> Ray management web console (or in utsession(1M)), then these are
> not
> valid kiosk sessions. A kiosk session should remain in this
> state only
> for a very short time. Sessions that are marked as 'Idle' should
> show a
> Unix login greeter.
>
> If these session should be kiosk sessions and show only a black
> screen,
> then something in kiosk session setup is failing. You should
> check the
> system messages log for 'error' messages from Kiosk Mode.

Yes, I am seeing this, and have googled to no avail.  Any suggestions??

kioskcrit[18355]: [ID 702911 user.error] Error: critical application (pid=18357) exited with non zero status
Oct  7 07:27:22 server kioskcrit[18355]: [ID 702911 user.error] Error: critical application (pid=18357) exited with non zero status
Oct  7 07:27:23 server kiosk:uttsc[26165]: [ID 702911 user.error] /opt/SUNWuttsc/bin/uttsc exited with error code 17 - exiting