[SunRay-Users] Timeout Values

Troy Knabe tdknabe at wou.edu
Tue Oct 7 02:02:13 EEST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "P.S.M. Swamiji" <Psm.Swamiji at Sun.COM>
Date: Monday, October 6, 2008 11:22 pm
Subject: Re: [SunRay-Users] Timeout Values

> Troy Knabe wrote:
>
>> > For the Kiosk mode I see two different places for timeout
> settings. I
> > have copied them in below. My issue is that I am seeing a lot
> of Login
> > Greeter/Idle Sessions and I think the first "Timeout" setting
> should
> > be set lower, but I don't want to disconnect good sessions.
> >
> > One here in the admin gui under "Advanced" and "kiosk mode"
> >
> > Session:
> >
> > Sun Ray Connector for Windows OS
> > Timeout:
> >
> > 24000 seconds
>
> This is for the timeout the session needs to be keep on disconeect.
> After timeout reached the disconnected session will be killed.

I don't quite understand this, can you explain this in some more detail?

> It should not effect connected sessions.
>

> > Under that is a place for "Arguments"
> > where I see:
> >
> > -t 3600
> >
> This is to avoid two minute timeout imposed by WTS.
> See the /etc/opt/SUNWkio/sessions/uttsc/README for
> more detailed info on this.

So if I understand this correctly using -t 3600 the behavior I could expect is that every 2 minutes the Windows TS disconnects the connection, but every 60 minutes (3600 secs) the entire session dies and is restarted.  Correct?

Thanks

-Troy