[SunRay-Users] Mix & Match Question

ottomeister ottomeister at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 12:04:15 EEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 8:21 AM,  <Curtis.Tuckerman at alltel.com> wrote:
> Can I mix SunRay version levels in a failover group?  I'm trying to migrate
> from Solaris 9/SRSS 3.11 to Solaris 10/SRSS 4.0 and I can't have service
> interruption.  I know I would have to stop firmware updating on the older
> version.

Yes, you can upgrade one system at a time.  Mixed-release operation is
supported as a transitional measure during an upgrade.  It's mentioned
in the Installation & Configuration Guide.

You might use 'utadm -f' (and 'utadm -n' afterwards) on each machine
some time before you upgrade it, in order to minimise the number of
sessions that will be affected by the actual upgrade.

OttoM.
__
ottomeister

Disclaimer: These are my opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.