[SunRay-Users] How to force ALP to work without compression? I don't want compressed rontgen pictures.

Kent Peacock Kent.Peacock at Sun.COM
Sun Apr 6 21:41:27 EEST 2008

Ivar Janmaat wrote:
> Did the 2 Mbit/s limit get raised with a specific version number or has
> it always been 8 Mbit/s?

It's always been 8 Mbps for turning on compression. The 2 Mbps limit is
for turning on additional LZ compression of rendering packets.

> As you know I am in favor of controlling settings from a central
> location and not in firmware.

Yes, I do.

> Will the next version of the Sun Ray software better facilitate setting
> settings like bandwidth limits and mtu centrally?

I have checked in code to the next release that will do that, yes.

Kent